Wednesday 31 July 2013

Phil and Simon's 2 to 1 session















Phil and Simon arrived as planned, so I began as always with the skills checks, where I discovered I needed to work on mainly looking and body positioning, but also on a little bit of footwork. They also showed me that they unweighted the bike naturally, and that I just needed to add looking to their skills set. After a few set up changes, we moved straight onto some drops, and here I explained the mental skills set, and soon they were both riding the larger drop, and commenting on how comfortable it felt. I then gave them a cornering exercise so they could work on their body positioning, before moving onto the trail. Here, we worked down section by section, and both Simon and Phil where riding top to bottom linking both bermed and flat corners, rock gardens, fly outs, steps and drops. We then moved onto the table top, where I controlled their speed, and slowly increased how far across they were jumping. Mental and physical tiredness brought our session to an end, and I look forward to hearing how the riding is going.

great session guys!

Nath.

No comments:

Post a Comment