Friday 26 April 2013

Re-awakening the child in Simon













 





 
Simon came to me in order to reawaken the jumping he always knew how to do. So we started the session with the skills check where I discovered that Simon had perfect footwork, and I just needed to correct looking and body positioning. I also discovered that he had a near perfect push, and looking was just a missing factor. I quickly corrected these and after a few set up changes, we moved onto the drop technique. Simon rode of the largest drop and landed perfectly straight away, so I quickly moved on to the skills trail. We linked bermed and flat corners, rock gardens, fly outs, steps and drops and he was soon linking the whole trail together. I then showed him some steep stuff and explained the correct way of rolling down something that was steep, and ended up dropping in sideways. We then worked on a different trail linking more corners, as well as jumps, some larger drops, and some alpine switchbacks. I then took him to the table top where the child in Simon came out, and he was shortly jumping both the 6ft table top and the 6ft gap jump. I then moved him onto a different trail where I showed him how to manual through table tops, which he had a go at and got first time. After a quick break for lunch I moved him onto some north shore, where he comfortably rode a 4ft high ladder leading to a drop. I then showed him a wooden ladder drop, which he rode perfectly. We then worked on a 7ft gap jump, to a 3ft ladder drop, to a 9ft step down, and he was soon linking all 3 sections together. I then showed him some wooden ladder gaps, where I helped him find his confidence in order to fly over the first 2. I then showed him a little ski drop, which was similar to what he did earlier, only made out of wood. He rode this a number of times, and then we went back to the single-track trail, where we finished the session by riding the whole trail together.
Great session Simon!
Nath.

1 comment:

  1. great blog nath! sounds like a great day!!


    brian

    ReplyDelete