Friday 19 October 2012

Matt's 1 to 1 session















  Matt came to me after hearing various recommendations and a gift voucher secured his path leading to me. On meeting he explained he had been coached elsewhere before and that he wanted to get more comfortable in the air. I found I needed to work on his looking and body positioning and during the skills check I made some set up changes that really blew him away with why they made it all so much easier.
 We began with the drop technique and why both the mental and physical skill sets applied and soon he was landing perfectly and so much easier than before, I was even able to get him to begin to style it!
  I moved us onto the skills trail and worked on pre jumping, rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops which we linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns. We worked methodically down the trail always adding the next sections to the previous ones we had worked on. I worked on line choice, especially when linking drops in to corners and soon Matt was riding the whole trail end to end. Every run was smoother and faster than ever before and any errors were self diagnosed now too!
 I didn't want to tire him out physically and moved onto the 6ft tabletop and gap jump to apply the skill sets there also. In a few short moves he was sailing over both the tabletop and used his mental skills to ride the gap jump easily too. I wasn't done there as i wanted to develop his trail energy management further so I worked on pumping, jumping and manuling on another trail until Matt declared himself mentally and physically too tired to continue. Awesome session Matt!
High5

No comments:

Post a Comment