Wednesday 27 June 2012

Tim, Colin and Karl's session
































Tim, Colin and Karl made the journey from Hungerford and On meeting we had a coffee and chatted about their expectations for the session. The skills check revealed I had to work collectively on their footwork, looking and body positioning and also their mental skills, so I set to work. I made set up changes and off we went to the drops sections and the effect was pretty much immediate. They were landing perfectly and applying their simple skill set.
It wasn't long before we moved onto the skills trail and we worked on braking technique and also a body positioning correction excersise that I teach to enhance the changes. Pumping was used to gain speed and we linked berms, flat, off camber and  switchback turns to fly out jumps, drops, steps and rock gardens. We worked our way methodically down the trail and it wasn't long before they began riding the whole trail. I worked on line choice and the mental skills when linking drops into corners but soon they were flying and loving it.
After a break for food and drink I could see they were beginning to tire but I wanted to move them onto the 6ft tabletop and we applied both mental and physical skills sets to the technique. Tim was first to clear it, closely followed by Colin and then Karl. the smiles on their faces said it all. Tim used his mental skills to then decide to ride and clear the gap jump too! After a while they began showing signs of mental fatigue so after 5 hours our session ended with myself giving them a riding demonstration of the same skills sets in use in my own riding on a high fast line at herts that had everything I had taught them on it but on a grander scale.
Awesome session guys.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment