Saturday 12 May 2012

Stu, Chris, Rich and chris from wmmtb session





























Stu, Chris, Rich and chris from wmmtbforum.co.uk made the trip down from the midlands for their session. On arrival, the jumps all looked scary they said but later their fears passed.
 The skills check showed i had to work on their footwork, body positioning and looking skills and also I knew their mental skills needed work too.
We began with drops and they didn't think they'd ever ride all 3 but soon they were riding them and using their mental skills well. After a while we moved onto the skills trail and I worked with them on flat, bermed, off camber and switchback corners, steps, fly out jumps, drops and rock gardens. I showed the correct line and barking areas and soon they were riding the entire trail end to end and flowing nicely. I worked hard on line choice when linking drops into corners too and their new skills shone through.
the heat of the day was taking it's toll on them but we had time to move onto something they never thought they'd do, Jump tabletops. I took control of their speed and worked with them individually to get them confident and soon they all got their wheels into the air, just like the fly out jump on the trail and soon they began sailing over it.
3 of them even used their mental skills to ride the 6ft gap jump side too! Our session came to a close as they were all tired mentally and I know Richard would have cleared it too had tiredness stopped us. I ended the session with a riding demonstration by myself of the skills set I teach in use in my own riding on the high woodwork jumps and drops at herts.
 Awesome session!

No comments:

Post a Comment