Monday 14 May 2012

Chris, Paul and Pete's skills session
























Chris, Paul and Pete live locally and had no trouble getting to the skills area. On arrival we chatted about their expectations and then I ran them through my skills check where I found their body positioning, looking and footwork needed correcting. I made some set up changes and then we moved onto the drop technique. I covered both the physical and mental skill sets and they began landing perfectly and rode all 3 drops in time.
 I moved us onto the skills trail to work on linking the 14 sections contained within it and get them to ride more fluidly. Pumping, rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops were linked to flat, bermed, off camber and switchback turns. In time we were riding the whole trail end to end and each run was faster and more fluid than ever before. The mental aspect of the session was taking its toll after nearly 4hrs so I moved them onto the pump and jump trail and developed their pumping of the trail further to generate speed enough to get air on the tabletop. It was awesome to see them airborne and smiling and most of all, in control!
 Great session guys.
High5!

No comments:

Post a Comment