Thursday 30 June 2011

Luke's one to one session






Luke made the trip up from Devon and after a coffee and chat we got underway. The skills check revealed the present and missing skills that I look for and once this was corrected, along with his set up we set to work on applying the skills.
We began with drops and I worked hard on Luke's body position and looking and he began landing perfectly. I worked on moving the bike in the air too and this came to him easily, much to his surprise.
We moved onto the skills trail itself and began working on the 14 sections contained within it. I broke it down and worked on each section before adding the next.
Pumping was used to connect to the living trail and the speed of the trail was used rather than the riders energy.
We linked flat, bermed, switchback and off camber turns. Rock gardens, steps, fly out jumps and drops.

Luke linked each section on the trail and used the correct braking areas and soon was riding faster and smoother. I worked hard on line choice when linking drops into berms and Luke used his mental skill set to good use through out.
I then moved us onto the table top and 6ft gap jump and once again I was able to work on body position in flight so he could move the bike in the air.
Confidence was booming as he rode the 6ft gap jump time and again, his first ever gap.

For our final part of the session I brought Luke to a 9ft gap jump and once I had demonstrated, Luke sailed over it 3-4 times easily and linked the following berm too!
Fantastic session Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment