Saturday 21 May 2011

Bob mtb club and Purplebikesheds coaching session






On meeting the boys, I as always put them through my skills check where I discovered they all were missing looking in cornering and needed a bit of work on body position but possessed a natural push bogged down by the lack of one skill. Once corrected, we moved onto the drop technique where I matched their natural push to a given speed and they began landing perfectly.
We moved onto the trail where I worked on applying their skills to various techniques and sections. I worked on pumping. Flat, switchback, off camber and bermed corners. steps, jumps, rock gardens and drops. Methodically we linked each section to the next using the correct braking areas. I worked on linking drops into corners before linking the whole trail together and with each complete run of the trail they began to really flow.
The final technique I covered was the tabletop jump. Andy was too mentally tired to continue so sat it out and the other 3 used their push to all sail over the tabletop and also the 6ft gap jump too!
Awesome session and a pleasure to coach.

.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tony, had a great day. At 45 I'm always looking for ways to improve my riding and take it up a level. You've showed me the way to do that. Not only have you given me the confidence to get my wheels off the ground, you have also corrected my "general" riding. All good stuff as when I go out with my lad I can give his advice that I know is correct. Thanks again Nigel

    ReplyDelete